Delta 8 THC is creating a stir in the hemp industry, and people are quite interested in trying this product. Despite limited research, we have gathered everything we know about Delta 8 THC and how it affects your body.
What’s so different? It’s THC
THC is a psychoactive element known to provide a joyful and euphoric experience, and depending on the plant strain, the level of THC varies with effectiveness. In fact, it's in the minority, and other psychoactive cannabinoids don't have nearly the same strong effect as THC.
Delta 8-THC: The big deal
Here's the most important thing you should know about Delta 8-THC: It appears to provide similar benefits to its familiar partner, Delta 9-THC, but with less intense side effects.
In other words, Delta-8 THC can help you enjoy the benefits of regular THC (like feeling high) without the side effects (like paranoia and anxiety) caused by too high a level.
Delta-8 THC interacts with the CB1 receptors just as Delta-9 THC. However, unlike its cousin, Delta 8-THC appears to be more stable and less reactive. It has a lower affinity and is less effective on CB1 receptors. Why haven't you heard of Delta 8-THC yet?
There is relatively little Delta 8-THC in the cannabis plant. It is not as common as Delta 9-THC and cannot be found naturally in large quantities in the plant. You have to extract it from the plant or synthesize it.
Still freaking around the term Delta 8 THC! Let's take a look at some revolutionary facts about the Delta 8 THC.
When you’re on Delta-8
Believe it or not, Delta 8 THC hits you, but its effects are really a little different. Delta 9 affects your concentration to a great extent compared to its Delta-8 THC cousin. When you consume Delta 8 THC, you will feel that you have everything under control without losing attention. It also provides greater engagement and a clear mind and makes you feel more in tune with no fog or anxiety. Users report that THC Delta 8 provides 70% of the maximum achieved by THC Delta 9 without causing anxiety.
For legal reasons, most companies will not openly promote Delta 8 stoning.
Rather than CBD, Delta-8-THC is much more like Delta-9-THC. It is commonly called THC and is the main active ingredient in psychoactive cannabis ("marijuana"). When consumed, it can cause euphoria, relaxation, pain relief along with dizziness, creative moods, or even potentially cause increased anxiety. In other words, Delta 8 causes most or all of the effects commonly associated with a form of common THC.
The chemical differences between these two forms of THC are very small, and they both interact with the receptors in our brain and nervous system (the "endocannabinoid system"). For more information, see our article comparing CBD and THC.
Some people have slightly different effects. Many people report feeling more physically "high" from Delta 8, with less mental effects than THC / marijuana.
Remember, however, that experiences vary greatly from person to person.
Delta-8 THC – Not your typical cannabinoid
Now that we've distinguished Delta 8 as a wellness ingredient with no psychoactive side effects, from Delta 9, which changes its mind, you may be wondering what this unique compound is capable of. As it grows in popularity, other benefits are regularly reported, but for now, customers are reaching Delta 8 THC for many reasons such as,
- It helps the overworked and broken mind to settle down at the end of a long day, which can foster a true feeling of relaxation and significantly contribute to a calmer sleep.
- We help people fight nausea and stomach problems through harmonious interaction with the appetite-stimulating system. Unlike Delta 9, Delta 8 does not cause extreme hunger or "the munchies." Instead, it simply helps an upset stomach feel settled and ready to eat when hunger strikes.
- According to the National Medical Library, Delta-8-THC has similar anxiolytic properties to Delta-9-THC. Although there is not much clinical literature available to prove its anti-anxiety potential as a fact, some anecdotal reports suggest that its consumption brings you in a very calm while improving your focus, without the anxiety that can sometimes accompany Delta-9 THC.
- It helps in coping up with stress and help people manage emotional fatigue more easily. Those who balance their responsibilities with a hectic daily schedule can enjoy Delta 8 relief in moments. Create calm (not sleepy) behavior and help improve your overall peace of mind.
- While delta-8 THC is psychotropic, consumers of compounds have reported keeping their jokes about them no matter how much they give. Hence, it can be shown that the psychotropic effect causes a very subtle type of lifting at best. The compound ensures that a person remains clairvoyant and understandable and does not experience the classic "stoner" condition, which can be devastating to brain function.
- Delta-8 THC products are also known to relieve pain, particularly due to their ability to interact with pain receptors in the brain. Therefore, more and more people, especially those suffering from chronic pain and arthritis, are exploring the use of Delta-8 THC products. Those recovering from spinal cord injuries, as well as those who often experience muscle aches and cramps, can also benefit from the pain relief of Delta-8 THC. The key is to make sure you take the right dose every time you consume this product.
How long the Delta-8 THC excitement lasts?
The duration of the effects of Delta 8 THC is truly unique to individuals. On average, we see high purity fumes that last 1-5 hours and dyes and foods that last 5-12 hours. Higher doses generally produce longer-lasting effects, especially for tinctures and food.
The complexity of assessing the duration of the effects is that Delta 8 THC has a fairly natural onset and decline, so it is sometimes difficult for people to truly understand where their "baseline" is before and after taking DELTA-8 THC.
Another problem in evaluating the duration of effects is that many reports are issued on a "peak" basis, so they do not take into account the significant amount of time spent above baseline after experiencing peak effects. The effects of DELTA-8 THC doesn’t reach the peak and then disappear. The effects are gradually eliminated.
In general, the effects of evaporated DELTA-8 THC will be less than consuming DELTA-8 THC.